Wills and Probate
While it may be the last thing you want to think about, estate planning is an important step you can take to protect the interests of your family. A well prepared estate plan will help you ensure your wishes are carried out and your loved ones are taken care of once you’re gone. If you pass away without a plan in place, your family members may be left to sort out the mess in court.
The Michigan estate and probate planning attorneys at Gwinn Tauriainen Law Firm, located in Troy, Michigan, are experienced, reliable, trustworthy and highly qualified probate and estate planning attorneys who work with our clients every step of the way to provide professional legal guidance. We work with each of our clients on a personal basis to provide estate and probate planning that is specific to the needs and circumstances of each individual.
Over the course of a lifetime assets are acquired creating what is referred to as an estate. The estate is the sum of the assets including such things as legal rights, interests and entitlements to property, minus all liabilities. When we pass away those assets will be passed on, and how they are allocated depends on how well you’ve prepared. If you want to have a say on what happens to your assets in the event of your death, proper planning including tools like wills and trusts will assure that your wishes are carried out. Proper estate and probate planning will:
- Help maximize the assets to your beneficiaries when you have passed
- Assure distribution of your assets in the manner you intended
- Reduce or possibly eliminate estate taxes
- Reduce the stress for your family and help avoid family disputes
- Direct how you will be cared for if you were to become temporarily or permanently incapacitated
- Provide someone you trust to handle your assets and affairs
- Provide a guardian fro your children if you were no longer able to raise them
- Allow for a timely distribution of your assets
If you have questions about probate or estate planning, contact the Michigan estate planning attorney’s at Gwinn Tauriainen Law Firm for a free initial consultation. We provide service in all matters of estate planning, including wills, trusts, powers of attorney and guardianship.
Attorney and Counselor at Law
GWINN TAURIAINEN PLLC
901 Wilshire Drive, Suite 550
Troy, MI 48084